Thursday, March 10, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 3/2 - 3/8)

As I mentioned last week, I am planning to recap my workouts each week.  There isn't a whole lot of variety right now between teaching my normal Zumba schedule and training to start teaching a new class in April my schedule is pretty full.  I'm hoping once I get my April class up and running I can start going to different classes again.  I also know with summer coming up there will be a lot of swimming, hiking and playground trips with the boys!!

This coming Sunday I am going to training for the Silver Sneakers program and will start teaching classes at the YMCA in April.  I'm so excited to expand into this format!  I know a lot of the members who take those classes and I'm excited to help them on their continued journey to stay healthy, although I am a little nervous as I'm filling some very big shoes. 

This new format will be a big change from teaching Zumba for a few reasons.  First it is a lot lower impact than Zumba since I'll be mostly working with people age 55 or older.  I'm excited to give my body a little break as teaching multiple Zumba classes is exhausting.  Second it is not a dance class.  I will be using music and staying with the beat some, but mostly I'll just have it on in the background.  Third I'll be using equipment including dumb bells, balls & bands.  I have some experience using dumb bells/toning sticks from Zumba toning, but I've never used the other 2 before.

I've been going to as many classes as I can get to recently to observe and take notes on what to do.  I've also done a lot of online training to prepare for the training.  I feel OK about taking over the class, although I am very glad I have until April to get the class finished.  I'll be working on it a lot on the drive back and forth from Texas at the end of the month!  I'll let you know what I think of the training next week.

Here's how the past week looked for me:
Wednesday - Taught 1 Zumba class - My morning class was cancelled due to lack of childcare at the gym
Thursday - Taught 1 Zumba class
Friday - Taught 1 Zumba class
Saturday - Taught 1 Zumba Toning class
Sunday - Rest Day, 15 minutes on the stationary bike to keep my streak going
Monday - Taught 2 classes - Zumba Toning and Cardio Dance
Tuesday - Took/observed Silver Sneakers Classic

I weighed in yesterday and I gained 1 pound.  I'm not surprised, I spent most of the weekend stress eating.  I have been feeling really overwhelmed recently and it got the best of me this past weekend.  I did reevaluate a few things and got a lot done over the weekend so I feel a little better.  I'm hoping this week is better.
Sweaty selfie after Monday's classes

No comments:

Post a Comment