Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 2/24 - 3/1)

So when I went to update my goals for the year yesterday, I realized it was really hard to remember what I had done workout wise from week to week.  I try to keep my calendar correct so I can look back at it, but I don't always remember to delete things.  Instead I decided to start doing a weekly recap of what I've done each week.  I will try to do them each Wednesday since that is the day that I normally weigh in each week.

This past weekend I went to my first Zumba Jam session of the year.  It was SO much fun!  If you aren't familiar with a jam session, it's when Zumba instructors get together for about 3 hours and learn new choreography for 2-5 songs.  They learn from a licensed Zumba Jammer, practice the songs and can then take them back to their classes.  I love going to them, between the new choreo and seeing all my ZIN friends I have the best time!
My little "Z Group" - so thankful for them!

The whole group of Zumba Instructors
Sometimes the choreo doesn't work for me, but that was not the case with this last session.  I absolutely love 3 of the 5 songs we learned & will be adding them for sure.  I really like the 4th song and with some practice will probably use it as well.  The 5th one is just OK for me.  I learned choreo for it at a jam last year too & still haven't used it.  I may try to do a mash up of both choreos...or just move on from the song.  We'll see how I'm feeling about it in a few weeks.

Here's how the rest of the week looked for me:
Wednesday - Taught 2 Zumba classes
Thursday - Taught 1 Zumba class
Friday - Taught 1 Zumba class & assisted in a Zumba Gold Toning class
Saturday - Taught 1 Zumba Toning class, then did the 3 hour Zumba Jam session
Sunday - Rest day - rode the bike for 15 minutes to keep my streak going
Monday - Taught 2 Zumba classes
Tuesday - Shadowed a Silver Sneakers class for my upcoming training

I weighed in this morning and lost 2 lbs over the past week, yay!  I'm trying really hard to stay under my calorie goal for the next 3 weeks...then we'll be on vacation so I'll take a week off.  I'll be back next week with another recap and some thoughts on my upcoming Silver Sneakers training.

No comments:

Post a Comment