Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 3/23 - 3/29)

Howdy from Texas!!  Just wanted to drop in quickly to update you on how I'm keeping up with my exercise streak for the year while I'm traveling.  Some days have been harder than others, but for the most part I have been able to keep up without any disruption to our plans.  I am very glad that I decided not to stipulate what kind of exercise it needed to be since a lot of this week has been walking while sightseeing.  I'll have a lot more to say about our trip in the next week or two (spoiler alert - we're having a GREAT time!) so stay tuned for my recap.

For now, here's what I've been doing for exercise:
Wednesday - Walked Daniel to school in the morning & to pick him up in the afternoon.  Also multiple trips up & down the stairs while packing.
Thursday - 10 minutes on the stationary bike in the scary hotel in Little Rock (more on that soon)
Friday - Walked to Six Flags from our awesome hotel in Arlington & then walked around the park for about 5 hours
Saturday - Walked around Six Flags for about 6 hours
Sunday - Walked in my brother's neighborhood with Adrian for about 15 minutes
Monday - Walked around the Perot Museum for about 4 hours (what a cool place!!)
Tuesday - Walked around Fort Worth for about 2 hours, including 25 minutes in a cow pen maze with the family

Thursday and Sunday were by far the hardest days to get the exercise in.  Thursday we were on the road for over 13 hours.  I almost exercised before I left but we were ready to get on the road so we went.  I was determined to do something & thankfully Adrian is super supportive and told me to go as soon as we got settled for the night. 

Sunday was Easter & also my birthday.  And I was exhausted from the road trip and 2 days in the park.  I was really trying to relax and rest and just enjoy being with the family.  But since the weather was great and I needed to do something, Adrian and I snuck away for a quick walk.

We have 2 more days here in Texas before we hit the road for Ohio.  Friday will be another challenging day to get my exercise in, but I'm sure I'll figure something else out.  I think every other day I will be fine.  Stay tuned to see how I do!
The Jones family in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment