Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Keeping Up With...Goals 2016 (My Fab 40!)

So in just over 2 months I'll be 40!  While I dreaded my 30th birthday, I am beyond excited for my 40th.  My 30's have been amazing and I finally feel like I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing with my life.  So I've decided to spend most of the year celebrating me and my 40 years on this planet.  :) 
In the spirit of resolutions, I decided to come up with a bucket list of 40 things to do this year.  Some of them are fun, some more mundane but need to get done.  Some are going to be easy, others very tough.  Some are already planned and some need some work.  I'll update once a month so I can keep up on my progress.  Hope you enjoy following along on this journey!

40 Things in my 40th Year
1.  Lose 40 pounds - one for each year
2.  Go on a family trip to Dallas
3.  Go on a family trip to NJ
4.  Go on a family trip to Tennessee
5.  Read 12 books - I was so close last year!
6.  Go on 12 dates with Adrian
7.  Go zip lining - probably either in TN or Hocking Hills
8.  Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
9.  Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - We need to declutter again.  Starting with the play room this month.  This will include both trash and donations.
10.  Get 1 fitness certification
11.  Take 1 picture every day for the year - This will run from Jan 1 - Dec 31
12.  Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Boring but necessary!
13.  Go on family camping trip - Probably to the Jelly Stone in Amish Country we were supposed to do last Oct but it was too cold.
14.  Go on 2 special dates with AJ
15.  Go on 2 special dates with Daniel
16.  Go on 2 special dates with Zak
17.  Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends - like a cookie exchange, but with alcohol and in March not Dec when everyone is busy
18.  Do a 365 day exercise streak - I will be doing a streak of 10 minutes of exercise per day from Jan 11, 2016 - Jan 10, 2017.  I know that I need rest days and some days will only be 10 minutes of walking or yoga.  But I think it's cool when people do run streaks and since I'm not a runner, I can't do that so I'm modifying to this.
19.  Power wash and stain our play set - Again, not glamorous but really needs to be done
20.  Renovate our downstairs bathroom - Probably just a coat of paint and some new towels.  But the whole house needs sprucing up so I'm starting small.
21.  Finish the 30 Day Shred - It won't be 30 consecutive days, but I want to do 30 days of it, 10 days on each of the 3 levels.
22.  Attend one class each week that isn't mine - This will be a stretch
23.  Teach an average of 5 classes each week
24.  Menu plan and prep our dinners each week
25.  Go to church every Sunday
26.  Do one blog post each week
27.  Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
28.  Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium
29.  Go to Dollywood
30.  Go to Six Flags Great Adventure
31.  Go to Six Flags Over Texas
32.  See 2 movies that aren't animated
33.  Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt
34.  Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer
35.  Have a family board game night once per month
36.  Have a family movie night once per month
37.  Have a family video game night once per month
38.  Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
39.  Go to 4 Zumba jams this year
40.  Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I'm great about dinners but breakfast is normally a granola bar or cereal

So there it is, 40 things to do this year.  I'm already started on some of it and am so excited for this year!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment